# What is Atsumeru?
# How does it work?
- Install and run
Atsumeruon your computer or NAS
- Add directories with archives/books to the import list
- Wait while
Atsumeruprocesses the data
- Connect to the server using a supported application (e.g., Atsumeru Manager (opens new window) , Atsumeru (opens new window) androidor AniLabX (opens new window)android)
- Enjoy comfortable reading!
# On what systems does Atsumeru work?
Atsumeru can run on any system where Java can be installed:
- Most NAS devices
# What archive/book formats are supported?
Atsumeru supports import of these formats:
- CBR (including RAR5 and Multivolume Archives)
- RAR (including RAR5 and Multivolume Archives)
- ePub (with restrictions)
- FB2 (with limitations)
PDF and Djvu are rendered on server side on demand, but the end client can download the actual files to read them natively on device
Although server can handle
7z, these formats are not recommended if you plan to write Metadata directly into archives
Server cannot render
FB2. To read content in these formats, the end client must support them natively
# What image formats are supported?
Following image formats are fully supported:
- WebP (with on-demand support for conversion to JPEG on the fly)
Supported in limited mode (no cover cache and no support for conversion):
Server supports conversion of
JPEG on the fly on client request. The other formats are output unchanged, so the implementation of
HEIF support is left to client developer